Good Morning Green Smoothie
When we reach our sixties we don’t move as fast as we use to nor do we have the energy we once had, especially in the mornings. An anti-aging green smoothie is a great way to begin your day. With this tasty and refreshing green smoothie, you’ll have all the motivation you need to get out of bed in the morning and start your day and as an extra bonus it will slow down the aging process. So how can a smoothie, a green one at that, help with anti-aging?
The secret is in the pineapples, (lots of vitamin C here) the riper it is, the fruitier this smoothie tastes. I have written about the benefits of vitamin c serum for your face so if Vitamin c is beneficial when applied just think of the benefits you’ll reap when you take it internally.
You’ll never guess how much greens are in this, I think it is one of the best green smoothie recipes I have used! All these greens firm the skin and protect against the formation of fine lines and wrinkles. Doesn’t get any better than that!
Eating Healthy For Seniors:
Info Found On This Page
1 cup ripe pineapple cut into chunks and frozen
2-3 big handfuls of fresh baby spinach
1 small orange, peeled and frozen
Half a cup orange juice or pineapple juice
Half a cup silken tofu
Anti-Aging Green Smoothie Recipe
1. Prepare all the ingredients as specified. Take out the frozen ingredients out of the freezer at least 5 minutes prior to blending.
2.Place all the ingredients in a blender or blending bullet.
3.Blend until everything comes together, possibly adding extra liquid if the mixture seems too thick. 4. Pour into a serving glass for a fresh breakfast that’s impossible to skip.
Senior Nutrition Tips:
Clean Eating For Seniors is the best way to slow down the aging process and a green smoothie is one of the easiest ways to do this.
If I run out of Tofu I like to use a Protein powder, I like it to be unflavored because I want the fruity taste of the smoothie to come through. Protein is the perfect chose to start your morning.
- Silken tofu provides protein to keep you going.
- Baby spinach is rich in folate, iron, and other ingredients that are good for you.
- Oranges and pineapple have a cartload of vitamin C that helps with absorbing the nutrients in the spinach as well as helps you with burning energy for the day ahead.
- There is often no need for a sweetener but a tablespoon of honey or agave should do the trick if you’ve got a sweet tooth.